Iron County Sheriff’s Deputies say 58-year-old Bryan Burr was part of a crew working to control erosion in the area where the Brian Head fire burned this summer.
They say he was on the ground calling out locations where to drop straw mulch over the burn scar when he was hit.
Friends say the husband and father of six will be sorely missed.
“He was the most loyal partner and friend, father and husband that one could ask for,” said Barry Johnson.
Because the incident involved an aircraft, both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington