Reports are that former White House adviser Steve Bannon wants to recruit a conservative republican primary challenger for Utah Senator Orrin Hatch in 2018.
Bloomberg White House correspondent Toluse Olorunnipa says Bannon has a list of around 10 or so races in his sights.
“Most establishment Republicans are not happy to hear they have to spend a lot of money in Republican primaries in races they would otherwise win easily,” he said on Bloomberg radio, a program heard from 4 to 5 AM on KSL Newsradio.
CNN’s article is also here on KSL.com.
Today’s Top Stories
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- University of Utah responds to Dateline report on McCluskey killing
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Rep. Patrice Arent reveals cancer diagnosis
- Health officials mark one year since COVID-19 arrived in Utah
- “Lights on 4 Lizzy” fundraiser raises thousands of dollars
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4