The Utah State School Board voted 12-3 on Thursday to send the policy change of core requirements for middle school back to a committee for further study.
The issue had received much public comment since the August vote. It involves PE, Health, Arts and Music classes.
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Dave and Dujanovic: the dangers of THC vape pens
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today