The Utah State School Board voted 12-3 on Thursday to send the policy change of core requirements for middle school back to a committee for further study.
The issue had received much public comment since the August vote. It involves PE, Health, Arts and Music classes.
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- ERA Utah supporters hold rally at the State Capitol building
- How to care for Poinsettias
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- Hill AFB airman to face charges related to burned police car
- Son of infamous polygamist leader, Warren Jeffs, is dead
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen