The Utah State School Board voted 12-3 on Thursday to send the policy change of core requirements for middle school back to a committee for further study.
The issue had received much public comment since the August vote. It involves PE, Health, Arts and Music classes.
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Drug addiction pushes Utah man to the edge of suicide
- Intimate Partner Violence numbers in Utah
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School
- Utah flag could get redesign under legislative proposal
- Church issues clarifying statement on the Word of Wisdom
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Gov. Herbert announces economy may begin reopening near end of month