SALT LAKE CITY — Expect big delays Wednesday and Thursday at the Salt Lake International Airport as officials warn more people fly today and tomorrow than any other two days of the year.
Nancy Volmer, Public Relations Director for the airport says a typical busy day will bring in about 23 thousand people. Wednesday and Thursday they expect to see closer to 27 thousand people.
“Those who are traveling the next couple of days, plan ahead,” Volmer said. “The busiest time of the year. It’s busier than the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s busier than any day in December.”
If you are planning to fly domestically Volmer suggests coming in two hours early, and asks that passengers give themselves at least three. She also warns that often at this time of year the parking garage will fill up quickly.
“Plan some extra time because you may have to park in our economy lot.” Volmer said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- University of Utah responds to Dateline report on McCluskey killing
- Police dog gets retirement party from Davis County Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Health officials mark one year since COVID-19 arrived in Utah