SALT LAKE CITY — Expect big delays Wednesday and Thursday at the Salt Lake International Airport as officials warn more people fly today and tomorrow than any other two days of the year.
Nancy Volmer, Public Relations Director for the airport says a typical busy day will bring in about 23 thousand people. Wednesday and Thursday they expect to see closer to 27 thousand people.
“Those who are traveling the next couple of days, plan ahead,” Volmer said. “The busiest time of the year. It’s busier than the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s busier than any day in December.”
If you are planning to fly domestically Volmer suggests coming in two hours early, and asks that passengers give themselves at least three. She also warns that often at this time of year the parking garage will fill up quickly.
“Plan some extra time because you may have to park in our economy lot.” Volmer said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Opinion: “Midway” movie ends with offensive statement
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated
- Utah company Banjo could solve crimes in seconds
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27