PROVO — The Utah County Sheriff’s office has arrested a man accused of posting craigslist ads about fake research to attract and sexually assault women.
County Sgt. Spencer Cannon said their first victim reported the abuse on October 18th, telling police that 34 year old, Borzin Mottaghian asked her to take her clothes off below the waist and then took pictures as he probed her with objects.
“This guy is not legitimate at all,” Cannon said, “He is not a doctor.”
The woman felt uncomfortable and went to Provo police afterward. Another woman has since come forward, and deputies believe Mottaghian may have several more victims in the area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons