MURRAY – Police are hoping a picture can help them track down a person of interest in a shooting near State Street in Murray.
Investigators say the victim was shot in the head by a man who walked up to his car while in a parking lot near 4500 South. After being shot, the victim accelerated his car, and caused a serious crash. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital. However, investigators are hitting some obstacles in determining who the victim is. Murray Officer Kenny Bass says, “There was no identification on him.”
Bass says they’re hoping they can identify the victim by processing what was found in his car. “Whether there’s further evidence in the car, as it’s being processed, hopefully that becomes uncovered,” he says. They believe they could learn more about a potential suspect after getting information about the victim.
Meanwhile, Bass says there are ways the public can help their investigation. “If they have any information as to the suspect, if they saw the suspect or if they live in the area and have surveillance video.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- DA: Unified officer was not justified in shooting death of Salt Lake man
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Church updates General Handbook, calls for members to “abandon” prejudice
- Police say drug ring run by teen had ties to many Utah schools
- Storytelling, humor mark Saints’ memories of President Monson