SALT LAKE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – As you make your holiday travel plans, be ready for things to look very different at the airport. There’s a lot of construction on Terminal Drive, and airport officials are concerned there could be a lot of confusion, at first.
People who frequently go to Salt Lake International Airport are probably used to the left lane going to the rental car return and the parking garage. But, now for now. Airport Spokesperson Nancy Volmer says, “We have split the lanes so the left-hand lane goes to the economy parking lot. Whereas, the right lanes go to the terminal, the parking garage and the car rental return.”
This part of the airport redevelopment will last for roughly eight months. Volmer says, “The reason we’re doing this is because we have some infrastructure work that we’re doing in preparation for the elevated roadway that’s being built,” adding, “After that eight months, we’ll be reopening what previously was Terminal Drive.”
If people aren’t ready for the lane splits, they could find themselves accidentally in the economy parking lot, but, Volmer says anyone who makes a wrong turn won’t have to pay to get out. Still, she says people should go slower than before so they can properly see and follow the overhead signs.
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Mantua police chief dismissed, other officers resign shortly after
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Nichole Warren-Doman – Orion Junior High
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Smith’s responds to complaints about ban on Visa Credit Cards