WILLARD – Police in Box Elder County are combing over the evidence left behind from a murder inside a home on Main Street. Investigators say the suspect left the state after it happened.
The call came into police dispatch at around nine this morning, with third hand information that a body was inside a garage near 400 South and Main Street in Willard. Box Elder County Chief Deputy Dale Ward says, “Law enforcement arrived on the scene and confirmed that.” At first, this was considered as a suspicious death, but, Ward says, “There were some thing that they had seen there that raised their eyebrows.”
The victim has been identified as Cody Henderson from Ohio, who was in Willard for work. Ward says, “The cause of death from the investigation at the scene appears to be blunt force trauma. [The official cause] will be determined through the medical examiner.”
The suspect, Chay Blair from Willard, was arrested by officers in Idaho without incident. Ward says Blair has reportedly been cooperating with police.
Today’s Top Stories
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Farmington High School ready for students
- Grandparents of missing Idaho kids offer $20,000 reward
- Settlement deal nearing completion for parents of Lauren McCluskey
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Ogden cancels AMBER Alert, missing infant found safe
- Utah offers to pay public employees to fill their prescriptions in Mexico