A Utah congressman is explaining Russia’s impact on social media in the election, and offers a warning for people expecting the president to be impeached anytime soon.
“If someone is waiting for this president to be impeached or indicted over illegal activity regarding Russian collusion with the elections, is just going to be disappointed. There just isn’t any evidence at this time,” said Representative Chris Stewart.
Stewart spoke live on KSL Newsradio’s Utah’s Morning News with Brian and Amanda.
He is on the House Intelligence Committee, which released this week just some of the thousands of Russian-sponsored ads that hit American’s news feeds during the election.
He says the ads were not in favor of one candidate or another, they simply were meant to call into question the legitimacy of the election and the legitimacy of the President and make Americans more divided.
Today’s Top Stories
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates