A Utah congressman is explaining Russia’s impact on social media in the election, and offers a warning for people expecting the president to be impeached anytime soon.
“If someone is waiting for this president to be impeached or indicted over illegal activity regarding Russian collusion with the elections, is just going to be disappointed. There just isn’t any evidence at this time,” said Representative Chris Stewart.
Stewart spoke live on KSL Newsradio’s Utah’s Morning News with Brian and Amanda.
He is on the House Intelligence Committee, which released this week just some of the thousands of Russian-sponsored ads that hit American’s news feeds during the election.
He says the ads were not in favor of one candidate or another, they simply were meant to call into question the legitimacy of the election and the legitimacy of the President and make Americans more divided.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- The 5 Best Food and Board Game Pairings
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- UHP trooper offers in-depth look at life as a black police officer
- Nichole Warren-Doman – Orion Junior High
- Dropping mask mandate in April is too soon, county mayor says
- Smith’s responds to complaints about ban on Visa Credit Cards
- Open Doors