People who live around Liberty Park say their neighborhood is now unsafe, because of Operation Rio Grande.
A community meeting last night had residents of the Liberty Wells area telling Salt Lake leadership that they are scared.
They say parties of dozens of people will come to apartments where people who have been given housing vouchers have been living.
They see more trash, more crime in Liberty Park. They try to call dispatch to report crimes but say they are turned away.
The mayor and police chief agreed they do need more officers. And the mayor says she will come up with a strategy in the next 30 days and come back to revisit the issue.
Today’s Top Stories
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates