People who live around Liberty Park say their neighborhood is now unsafe, because of Operation Rio Grande.
A community meeting last night had residents of the Liberty Wells area telling Salt Lake leadership that they are scared.
They say parties of dozens of people will come to apartments where people who have been given housing vouchers have been living.
They see more trash, more crime in Liberty Park. They try to call dispatch to report crimes but say they are turned away.
The mayor and police chief agreed they do need more officers. And the mayor says she will come up with a strategy in the next 30 days and come back to revisit the issue.
Today’s Top Stories
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- Utah family has tree fall on car while camping in Oregon
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- Audio from Steven Powell’s interview with the FBI released on “Cold” podcast
- Families confront New Zealand mosque shooter at sentencing
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say