People who live around Liberty Park say their neighborhood is now unsafe, because of Operation Rio Grande.
A community meeting last night had residents of the Liberty Wells area telling Salt Lake leadership that they are scared.
They say parties of dozens of people will come to apartments where people who have been given housing vouchers have been living.
They see more trash, more crime in Liberty Park. They try to call dispatch to report crimes but say they are turned away.
The mayor and police chief agreed they do need more officers. And the mayor says she will come up with a strategy in the next 30 days and come back to revisit the issue.
Today’s Top Stories
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Utah family has tree fall on car while camping in Oregon
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- New York’s death toll nears 1,000 as ventilators and a Central Park field hospital are…
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- ‘The End’ of Fortnite leaves millions staring at a black hole
- Audio from Steven Powell’s interview with the FBI released on “Cold” podcast
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Cursive writing has been making a comeback in classrooms
- Thousands of cold-stunned sea turtles being rescued in Texas