OREM – Three men are booked into the Utah County Jail for reportedly being caught with a sizable amount of drugs in their vehicle. It all happened after the driver forgot to follow one simple traffic rule.
Police say it started with three men being pulled over in a truck for failing to signal. The officer thought something was suspicious. Lieutenant Craig Martinez says, “That’s when he called one of our K9s. The K9 came out and indicated to the presence of a controlled substance being in the truck.”
Martinez says they found nearly 18 pounds of meth in a duffel bag, packaged in Tupperware containers. That led to another drug bust in a Provo home. “We recovered more drugs… cocaine, meth, mushrooms, marijuana and about $12 thousand in cash,” Martinez says.
The suspects have been identified as Nathan Karner, Jorge Almonte, and Adolfo Parra. Martinez says, “Two of the men are from out of state. One was from Provo, which is where we served the search warrant on his home. All three were booked into the Utah County Jail.”
Today’s Top Stories
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Bill allowing schools to opt out of mask mandate gets favorable recommendation
- Where NBA teams will likely stand in the playoffs
- Peaceful protests in Provo Wednesday night