The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is targeting an additional 11 races nationwide in 2018, including Utah’s 4th District seat held by Republican Rep. Mia Love.
“The DCCC has successfully built the largest battlefield in over a decade, with strong campaigns ready to win tough races across the map in 2018,” according to a memo from the committee’s chairman, Rep. Ben Ray Lujan, D-N.M.
In response, Representative Love’s Campaign Manager Dave Hansen said:
“Do Nancy Pelosi and the DCCC care about the people of the 4th district? No. Their sights are set on another hand-picked candidate to tip the scales for gridlock in Washington. This move is simply a means to an end for the DCCC under the leadership of the increasingly liberal Nancy Pelosi.”
Read more in the Deseret News here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- UPDATE: Search crews find missing 17-year-old in Millcreek Canyon
- UPDATE: Boil water order remains for 72 hours in parts of Pleasant Grove City
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Salt Lake Community College