SALT LAKE CITY – Police are searching for a woman who they say almost killed her neighbor on the west side of Salt Lake City. Investigators say they were called to the scene of an assault just after midnight on Arapahoe Drive. Salt Lake Police Detective Robert Ungricht says, “Officers found a man in front of his house laying on the ground with multiple stab wounds to his neck.”
The suspect has been identified as Dyann Hernandez, who lives near the victim. Ungricht says they have not determined what sparked this fight specifically, but, neighbors say there has been a long, ongoing neighbor dispute between the two. “She was seen by the witnesses, after she assaulted or stabbed this individual, she got into a white SUV and left the area,” Ungricht says.
The witnesses who reportedly saw the attack are the same ones who gave the victim first aid until help arrived. Ungricht says, “They could have, potentially, saved this guy’s life until we could get our fire and medical on scene,” adding, “The victim in this case was transported to a local hospital in serious but stable condition. We got an update that he is expected to survive.”
Hernandez had already been charged with aggravated assault for a separate case on the 24th of October, according to charging documents.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Church issues clarifying statement on the Word of Wisdom
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Kim Kardashian West files for divorce from Kanye West