Salt Lake City Police homicide detectives unearthed the remains of a man who was murdered in the summer between 2010-2012.
The murder was in conjunction with a disagreement between the suspect and victim. The victim was a male, Hispanic in his mid-thirties, first name Ignacio, but went by Nacho.
Sgt. Brandon Shearer with Salt Lake City Police Department tells us about the suspect
“A suspect has been arrested in this case: Carlos Trevizo-Acotsa,” says Sgt. Shearer. “He’s been booked into the Salt Lake County jail on charges of homicide as well as four counts of possession of a firearm by a restricted person.”
Trevizo-Acosta is also the owner of Los Lobos Paving and Construction. He owns the land the body was found on, according to Sgt. Shearer. Anyone with information or able to positively identify the victim is asked to call Salt Lake City Police Department.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills