SALT LAKE CITY — The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance is planning a protest Saturday at 1 pm at the Utah State Capitol, called “Rally Against Trump’s Monumental Mistake.”
They are upset about reported plans to shrink the sizes of Bears Ears and Grand-Staircase Escalante Monument.
They say they also want to have a street protest on Monday, with details to be announced.
The White House has not yet announced details of the visit.
Not everyone is upset about the proposed changes. The San Juan County Commission sent out an e-mail inviting people to attend a “Unity Rally” in support of the Trump administration on Saturday. The event is intended to say “thank you” to the White House for “listening to their pleas to shrink the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante Monuments.”
That event is going to be held at the San Juan County Administration Building in Monticello.
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- Teen in critical condition after Taylorsville Shooting
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Copper Hills student arrested for Snapchat threat
- Mr. Daryl Hunt – Horizonte Instruction & Training Ctr.
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death