After Ty Detmer was removed as BYU’s offensive coordinator, people wondered what would become of the commitment of his nephew Zadock Dinkelmann.
He’s a high school quarterback in Texas, and plays under his grandfather Sonny Detmer.
Monday night he tweeted that he would de-commit from BYU due to the unfortunate circumstances. We can only assume he means his uncle’s position.
Three years ago when Dinklemann was in 8th grade he committed to LSU but that was not binding.
This past spring he committed to the Cougars. Now it’s not clear where he’ll go.
It could mean BYU’s 2018 recruiting class will probably dip below 60th in the country after losing that three-start recruit.
Today’s Top Stories
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Teacher stands by as Vernal Middle School student is viciously assaulted
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP