A 7th grader is in critical condition after being hit by a car outside Kennedy Junior High school in West Valley City.
— Granite School Dist. (@GraniteSchools) December 12, 2017
Police say the boy was dropped off on the opposite side of the street before school started; he did not cross in the crosswalk and a driver did not see him before hitting him.
Both north and southbound lanes in front of Kennedy Junior High will be blocked while accident investigation is underway. Avoid area. pic.twitter.com/pvkQdRGlRn
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 12, 2017
The school, the staff, students and school district are all very sad right now as they worry for this 7th grader. Crisis counselors are at the school for those who need the help coping.
Listen to the interview with Granite School District Spokesman Ben Horsley below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Suspect in woman’s death barred from campus, report says
- Some evacuation orders lifted for the Snoqualmie Fire
- Sunya Osborn – Landmark High School
- Two construction areas to be aware of this weekend may affect traffic
- Utah women to be honored with new mural from Sgt. Pepper artist
- Biden being tested for coronavirus following Trump’s positive test
- Don’t get a ticket: Know the difference between solid or striped crosswalks
- Utah House OKs bill to bring back vehicle registration postcards
- Who will win the presidential race on November 3rd? It’s anyone’s guess