A 7th grader is in critical condition after being hit by a car outside Kennedy Junior High school in West Valley City.
— Granite School Dist. (@GraniteSchools) December 12, 2017
Police say the boy was dropped off on the opposite side of the street before school started; he did not cross in the crosswalk and a driver did not see him before hitting him.
Both north and southbound lanes in front of Kennedy Junior High will be blocked while accident investigation is underway. Avoid area. pic.twitter.com/pvkQdRGlRn
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 12, 2017
The school, the staff, students and school district are all very sad right now as they worry for this 7th grader. Crisis counselors are at the school for those who need the help coping.
Listen to the interview with Granite School District Spokesman Ben Horsley below.
Today’s Top Stories
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- Chris Christie in hospital as precaution after positive Covid-19 test
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Audit: Utah oil, gas division lacks environmental oversight
- Residents divided on proposed Parley’s project
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- ER doctor: Masks that don’t cover the nose more likely to spread COVID-19
- Police identify woman found dead at Midvale Motel 6
- Project Recovery: Casey Scott and Dr. Matt answer your questions