WEST JORDAN – Investigators are asking for the public’s help in determining if a teen was possibly kidnapped from outside an apartment complex on Center Park Drive. They’re treating it as an abduction, even though they admit they’re not sure if that’s what happened.
Police were called to the scene before eight in the morning after a 10-year old boy called them, saying he saw a teenage girl get into a fight with two adult men. West Jordan Police Officer Scott List says, “She ended up in the vehicle and one of [the two men] got into a large black van and the other one got into a white car that was parked right next to it and left the scene.”
Apart from that, List says they don’t have much to work with, but, they have a description of the victim. “The victim is a blonde, Caucasian female between the ages f 12 and 17. She was wearing a pink sweater and grey pajamas,” List says.
List says even if the boy’s witness testimony is accurate, that doesn’t mean he watched an abduction. The confrontation could have been between an ungovernable teen and family members. They’re asking anyone who may have seen anything in the area to give them a call.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Utah County approves measure blocking future development on Bridal Veil Falls