A former BYU running back was killed in a crash with a wrong-way driver this week.
Ryan Folsom died Sunday on I-5 near Anderson, California, on his way to medical residency interviews.
He played for BYU in 2007, and again in 2010-2011.
Preston Hadley says Folsom was one of the most welcoming guys on the team.
“He was one of the first guys who would just reach out and make you feel welcome. He always had a smile on his face,” he said.
Hadley says Folsom just loved to play football. Other teammates are tweeting that he embodied everything good about BYU.
Folsom’s wife was due with their third baby this month.
One day, I shared w/ Lauren Folsom an audio file I thought she and Ryan might appreciate: it was the play-by-play call of Ryan’s highest-profile moment as a BYU back–a 74-yard run in Fort Collins (still the 8th-longest run from scrimmage in BYU history): https://t.co/Ek7c1hOqo6
— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) January 9, 2018
The GoFundMe account is here
His stats from BYU are here
Listen to former teammate Preston Hadley, now on Weber State’s coaching staff, talk about some of his memories by clicking play below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors