A former BYU running back was killed in a crash with a wrong-way driver this week.
Ryan Folsom died Sunday on I-5 near Anderson, California, on his way to medical residency interviews.
He played for BYU in 2007, and again in 2010-2011.
Preston Hadley says Folsom was one of the most welcoming guys on the team.
“He was one of the first guys who would just reach out and make you feel welcome. He always had a smile on his face,” he said.
Hadley says Folsom just loved to play football. Other teammates are tweeting that he embodied everything good about BYU.
Folsom’s wife was due with their third baby this month.
One day, I shared w/ Lauren Folsom an audio file I thought she and Ryan might appreciate: it was the play-by-play call of Ryan’s highest-profile moment as a BYU back–a 74-yard run in Fort Collins (still the 8th-longest run from scrimmage in BYU history): https://t.co/Ek7c1hOqo6
— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) January 9, 2018
The GoFundMe account is here
His stats from BYU are here
Listen to former teammate Preston Hadley, now on Weber State’s coaching staff, talk about some of his memories by clicking play below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- 8-year-old skiier injured after falling from Park City chairlift
- UDOT employees survive avalanche in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Proposed bill would make gun owners civilly liable if a gun they lend out is used in a crime
- Kaysville police, US Marshals arrest man accused of impersonating officer
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert moved to tears by All-Star snub
- Volunteers ready to glean extra fruit around Cache Valley
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park