A former BYU running back was killed in a crash with a wrong-way driver this week.
Ryan Folsom died Sunday on I-5 near Anderson, California, on his way to medical residency interviews.
He played for BYU in 2007, and again in 2010-2011.
Preston Hadley says Folsom was one of the most welcoming guys on the team.
“He was one of the first guys who would just reach out and make you feel welcome. He always had a smile on his face,” he said.
Hadley says Folsom just loved to play football. Other teammates are tweeting that he embodied everything good about BYU.
Folsom’s wife was due with their third baby this month.
One day, I shared w/ Lauren Folsom an audio file I thought she and Ryan might appreciate: it was the play-by-play call of Ryan’s highest-profile moment as a BYU back–a 74-yard run in Fort Collins (still the 8th-longest run from scrimmage in BYU history): https://t.co/Ek7c1hOqo6
— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) January 9, 2018
The GoFundMe account is here
His stats from BYU are here
Listen to former teammate Preston Hadley, now on Weber State’s coaching staff, talk about some of his memories by clicking play below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- Salt Lake City School District gears up for the year to start online
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- CNN and ‘Sesame Street’ to host a town hall addressing racism
- Find a Way Out! 3 Ways You Can Stay Safe During a Mass Shooting Situation Anywhere You Are