SOUTH SALT LAKE – Police in South Salt Lake on Saturday afternoon issued an Amber Alert for an 8-year-0ld girl believed to have been taken by her non-custodial father.
Police have identified the suspect as Robert Winston. They said he is the subject of a protective order but took his daughter Jaszmine Corianna Leah Winston from the area of 220 East and 3300 South.
Jaszmine was last known to be wearing a pink and white ski jacket and white boots. She has black hair and brown eyes, stands 4-foot-8 and weighs about 80 pounds.
Robert Winston stands 5-foot-6 and weighs 202 pounds. He has black hair. Police said he was believed to be driving a maroon 2013 Chrysler Town and Country with the Nevada license plate 125B91.
Winston is believed to be possibly headed toward Las Vegas.
Police asked that if anyone has information about Wintson’s whereabouts, please call at (801) 840-4000 or simply dial 911.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- USU’s “True Aggie Night” tradition up in the air during the pandemic