SPRINGDALE — The teen’s body was found yesterday in Refridgerator Canyon along the West Rim Trail. Today Park spokesperson, John Marciano, said the girl is from Southern Utah and was hiking with her family when investigators believe she fell from Angel’s Landing trail.
“It’s hard to say exactly where she fell from.” Marciano said. “That investigation is continuing as we speak.”
No one actually saw the thirteen year old fall, but Marciano said the position and location of her body led investigators to believe she fell from the trail. The path was closed for several hours today as investigators searched for answers. They didn’t find any snow or ice on the trail during the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Fraud Alerts! 3 Ways Bad Guys are Trying to Get Access to Your Information and How You Can…
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- Cindy Smith, Hayden Peak Elementary
- Golden Spoke Event
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale