Utah Governor Gary Herbert signed a resolution saying the Olympics should come back to Salt Lake City.
— Mayor J. Biskupski (@slcmayor) February 7, 2018
Before the signing, the Olympic/Paralympic Exploratory Committee released a new 140 page report outlining that Utah could host again for $1.35 billion.
“This report affirms what we always believed. We are in a position to host the winter games again. Utah is ready, willing and able,” said Governor Herbert.
They are aiming for the 2030 games, but will be putting in a bid for 2026 as well.
— Utah Senate (@utahsenate) February 7, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Police dog gets retirement party from Davis County Sheriff’s Office