Utah Governor Gary Herbert signed a resolution saying the Olympics should come back to Salt Lake City.
— Mayor J. Biskupski (@slcmayor) February 7, 2018
Before the signing, the Olympic/Paralympic Exploratory Committee released a new 140 page report outlining that Utah could host again for $1.35 billion.
“This report affirms what we always believed. We are in a position to host the winter games again. Utah is ready, willing and able,” said Governor Herbert.
They are aiming for the 2030 games, but will be putting in a bid for 2026 as well.
— Utah Senate (@utahsenate) February 7, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Pope sends strong message to US Catholics after Floyd death
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Utah Jazz debut new uniforms, welcome more fans at Vivint Arena
- China researchers discover new swine flu with ‘pandemic potential’