CLINTON – A North Ogden man is dead after a shooting that began in Clinton and ended in Clearfield. Investigators are asking the public to help them track down suspects.
Clinton resident Bobbie Jo Weaver heard the gunshots right outside her home on 1000 West Monday night. She remembers telling her son to get down, not knowing who was being fired upon. Weaver says, “It scared the crap out of me. The first thing I could think was, ‘I need to move.’ I’ve got kids I’m raising here.”
Her son, Derin, says it sounded like a nail gun, at first. “It kind of sounded a little bit louder and louder, almost like fireworks. I heard about eight shots go off,” he says.
Investigators say a group of people confronted each other on the street when the shots rang out. Devin Gallegos from North Ogden was hit. Clinton Police Lieutenant Shawn Stoker says some tried to drive Gallegos to get help, but his injuries were too severe. The victim was found by Clearfield Police. “They found a young, adult male deceased in the vehicle. It was determined that that male was involved or related to the shooting we were investigating in our city,” Stoker says.
(Photo Credit: Jeffrey D Allred, Deseret News)
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Summit County tops 90% mark for over-70 vaccinations
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills