Some Utahns are planning protest marches over gun violence next month.
It’s part of a national campaign dubbed “March for Our Lives.” Facebook shows events being planned in Salt Lake City, Park City and Cache Valley on March 24.
15 Utahns met Monday to plan the rally. Eight of them are Skyline,Bbrighton, Judge and West high school students, the rest are with the group “Utah Indivisible” that has been involved in many protests.
Listen to a live interview with Brighton’s Isaac Reese below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Utah university president salaries below the national average
- Koala rescued after five-car pileup on Australian freeway
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention