LAS VEGAS — BYU forward Yoeli Childs had a career-high 33 points to go with six rebounds and two steals to lead BYU to an 85-72 win over No. 20 Saint Mary’s in a West Coast Conference semifinal Monday night at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
Elijah Bryant added 25 points and five rebounds for the Cougars (24-9), who got 11 points and seven assists from TJ Haws as well as 10 points, six rebounds and four assists from Dalton Nixon.
BYU shot 61 percent from the field, while the Gaels (28-5) made 28-of-56 from the field.
The Cougars advanced to face No. 6 Gonzaga.
You can hear Tuesday night’s WCC Tournament Finals game at 7pm on KSL Newsradio.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Davis County creates new public-order unit