Mitt Romney signed all the official paperwork in-person Thursday morning at the State Capitol, to run for US Senate in Utah.
Romney walked into the Lt Governor’s office, signed the papers, and paid the fee, joking with the staff as he did so.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) March 15, 2018
He told reporters afterwards he is confident he will do well in the convention process and via signature gathering.
There are 8 or 9 other Republicans and 3 Democrats and two other parties listed so far before the filing deadline.
Other republicans include Larry Meyers and State Representative Mike Kennedy. Democrat Jenny Wilson has been campaigning for a while.
Today’s Top Stories
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Sergeant Aaron Johnson, West Jordan
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- New Zealand mosque shooter sentenced to life without parole
- Michele Kersey – Roy High School
- Over a dozen men arrested in online enticement sting
- Tooele County School District
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance