Mitt Romney signed all the official paperwork in-person Thursday morning at the State Capitol, to run for US Senate in Utah.
Romney walked into the Lt Governor’s office, signed the papers, and paid the fee, joking with the staff as he did so.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) March 15, 2018
He told reporters afterwards he is confident he will do well in the convention process and via signature gathering.
There are 8 or 9 other Republicans and 3 Democrats and two other parties listed so far before the filing deadline.
Other republicans include Larry Meyers and State Representative Mike Kennedy. Democrat Jenny Wilson has been campaigning for a while.
Today’s Top Stories
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- COLD: Computer at heart of Josh Powell custody dispute did not belong to him
- Heart of Utah: Storytelling festival helps young performers find their voices
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Wyoming GOP vote to censure Rep. Liz Cheney over impeachment vote
- Cleanup from Magna quake continues as some residents grow more frustrated