Mitt Romney signed all the official paperwork in-person Thursday morning at the State Capitol, to run for US Senate in Utah.
Romney walked into the Lt Governor’s office, signed the papers, and paid the fee, joking with the staff as he did so.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) March 15, 2018
He told reporters afterwards he is confident he will do well in the convention process and via signature gathering.
There are 8 or 9 other Republicans and 3 Democrats and two other parties listed so far before the filing deadline.
Other republicans include Larry Meyers and State Representative Mike Kennedy. Democrat Jenny Wilson has been campaigning for a while.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Pandemic accelerates Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints missionaries’…
- COVID-19 testing underway at Elk Ridge Middle School following outbreak
- Police searching for motive behind West Jordan double shooting