Mitt Romney signed all the official paperwork in-person Thursday morning at the State Capitol, to run for US Senate in Utah.
Romney walked into the Lt Governor’s office, signed the papers, and paid the fee, joking with the staff as he did so.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) March 15, 2018
He told reporters afterwards he is confident he will do well in the convention process and via signature gathering.
There are 8 or 9 other Republicans and 3 Democrats and two other parties listed so far before the filing deadline.
Other republicans include Larry Meyers and State Representative Mike Kennedy. Democrat Jenny Wilson has been campaigning for a while.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Elisa Posey – Corner Canyon High School
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Sen. Lee “inclined to support” Merrick Garland as AG
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021