Share this story...
Latest News

Microburst sends shed 50 feet, briefly trapping girl

St George News

A teenager is recovering after a freak accident in the parking lot of a Southern Utah Home Depot.

Sudden high winds hit the area, picked up two display storage sheds and threw them around 50 feet.

A teenage girl became trapped underneath for a time, but got free before Washington City emergency crews arrived.

The St George News says an ambulance took her to Dixie Regional Hospital to treat her injuries. The other person hit by the shed was treated and released at the scene.

The sheds were on display near the Home Depot parking lot, and landed next to the Walmart parking lot on Telegraph Street.