Salt Lake City Police are trying to find the person they say was seen stealing political signs in the Avenues, then reportedly got violent when he was confronted about it.
The suspect was seen taking signs in favor of things like Planned Parenthood and The Bears Ears National Monument along F Street Sunday afternoon. Detective Robert Ungricht says one man went out to confront the suspect about it, and, “At that time, the suspect pulled out a gun, pointed it at our victim, then laughed,” Ungricht says.
The suspect is described as an Asian adult man, wearing a blue jacket and blue pants. Ungricht says they need to get the other side of this story, but, if the suspect brandished a gun, it could lead to aggravated assault charges.
(Photo Credit: Salt Lake City Police)
Plus, he says it’s always best not to confront someone who is potentially committing a crime. He says, “It’s not a good idea to take the law into your own hands. In this particular case, we believe the victim in the case did confront the suspect. This is probably what led up to the incident.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Life Hack: How to set an alarm on Alexa and wake up to KSL NewsRadio
- New info suggests Josh Powell destroyed evidence in wife’s disappearance
- Several fires break out as Utah sees first Red Flag warning of the year
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- WATCH: Ogden police speak after chase ends with suspect dead and officers hurt
- Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things…
- Goshen Fire in Utah County near Santaquin sparked by target shooting
- Gov. Herbert issues statewide mask mandate, declares state of emergency