KAYSVILLE — A former teacher is being investigated for sending his students sexual messages over social media.
Court documents say this came to light when the parents of a 14 year old girl went to Kaysville police to report that their daughter had been messaging her teacher at Kaysville Junior High on Instagram for about a week.
The parent started reading the messages and found that they had sexual content and sexual innuendos.
Two more junior high students came forward and said the teacher had also been messaging them, even for up to a year.
Court documents say the teacher said it was only messaging because he was lonely when his wife was gone.
He also taught at Davis High School and was a track coach.
The man is not being identified as he has not been arrested or charged, but the Davis School District says he did resign.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- Illegal credit card skimming: Three habits I changed at the gas pump
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah