SALT LAKE CITY – Walmart is no longer putting Cosmopolitan in its checkout lanes.
The National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE) says the conversations it had with Walmart executives led to their decision to pull Cosmo from the racks as customers finish their grocery shopping. The Center says this is a significant step toward creating a culture where women are valued as a whole person rather than sexual objects.
Walmart says the decision to remove Cosmopolitan is entirely a business decision; the magazine will still be available elsewhere in the store, just not in plain view at the checkout.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- After deadly ambush, Sen. Mike Lee talks striking back at Mexican drug cartels
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic