It was a significant weekend during the 188th Annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Now LDS wards and branches throughout the world will be adjusting to the changes announced by President Russell M. Nelson.
That includes moving the men into one group called the Elders Quorum, and dropping the Home and Visiting Teaching programs in exchange of a new emphasis called “ministering.”
Listen to more about that in the audio report below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Salt Lake County reopening some rec centers on Monday
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected