It was a significant weekend during the 188th Annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Now LDS wards and branches throughout the world will be adjusting to the changes announced by President Russell M. Nelson.
That includes moving the men into one group called the Elders Quorum, and dropping the Home and Visiting Teaching programs in exchange of a new emphasis called “ministering.”
Listen to more about that in the audio report below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Earthquake in Utah causes chemical spill at Kennecott plant, but no danger to public health
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- United Angels Foundation
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Homeless man filmed shaving on train, mocked on Twitter
- OPINION: I’ve learned a lot about myself because of COVID-19
- More women are outearning their husbands than ever – but we aren’t willing to…
- Super Mario Bros fans are panicking over rumors that Mario is going to die
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park