Just before the close of the 188th annual LDS general conference, President Russell M. Nelson announced plans to build seven new temples.
These temples will be in: Salta, Argentina; Bengaluru, India; Managua Nicaragua; Cagayan de Oro, Philippines; Layton, Utah; Richmond, Virginia; and a major city yet to be determined in Russia.
MormonNewsroom.org says these seven announced temples bring the total number of operating temples (159) and temples announced or under construction (30) to 189 worldwide.
Today’s Top Stories
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- FanX files motion to avoid legal bills
- Seraph Young, first female voter, finally gets misspelled headstone corrected
- Susan Powell’s son Charlie showed signs he was “troubled”
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- Courage Reins
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School