ST. GEORGE — A California man is accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Walmarts throughout Southern Utah.
The St. George News reports police believe John Diedrich took as much as 10-thousand dollars worth of things like electronics in a series of shoplifting attempts in Hurricane, St. George and Washington City.
Court documents say he was arrested after a security officer saw what he was doing at the Hurricane Walmart. The officer says Diedrich put items into reusable bags, then hid them in the store and left.
He then came back and walked out with those bags.
The St. George News says when he came back a third time and started filling up a cart with items, security stopped him.
They then connected him with shoplifting at stores in the other cities as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Church historic sites around the country close for coronavirus concerns
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Grant Averill – Woods Cross Elementary School