SANDY — Sandy City police have confirmed Chief Kevin Thacker is on paid administrative leave as a result of an internal investigation.
The department issued a three-sentence press release announcing the probe. It did not provide any specific information about the topic or substance of the investigation, only that it began on Monday.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) April 4, 2018
Sandy police Sgt. Jason Nielsen declined to provide additional details when contacted by KSL Newsradio on Thursday afternoon.
Thacker became Sandy’s chief in 2014, having previously served as an officer in the department.
The statement notes Sandy City takes all personnel matters seriously.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- You Won’t Believe the Fun You Can Have at Utah Olympic Venues: 3 Incredible Winter…
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- UPDATED: 11-year-old boy dead after accidental discharge of a firearm in Kamas Valley
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Congo park ranger tells of taking viral selfie with gorillas