SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake District Attorney Sim Gill filed formal charges of seven felony counts on a woman who is accused of sexually abusing a child she used to nanny.
Alavina Fungaihea Florreich was charged in 3rd District Court with 5 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child which is a first degree felony. She also faces two counts on forcible sexual abuse which is a second degree felony. Officials say there was only one victim and court documents revealed Florreich was the child’s nanny.
Court documents state Florreich had been sexually assaulting the young child from 1999 to 2009. The probable cause document reveals the victim, now 26, claims Florreich sexually abused him approximately from when he was 7 until he was 18. The victim also stated “Florreich convinced him that she was teaching him to be a good husband.”
The court documents say Florreich, when police questioned her, admitted to touching the boy inappropriately and exposed herself, but “stated it was all part of the boy’s curiosity and it was just him “learning.'”
When officers arrested her she was booked for investigation of 70 counts of sex abuse of a child, 60 counts of sex abuse of a minor, and one count of lewdness involving a child.
An initial court appearance for Florreich is scheduled for May 9.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidate Conversation: Eric Eliason for 1st District, Congress
- Gateway Mall owners say crime is down 79%
- Family releases statement after woman murdered on Tinder date
- Corvette goes mid-engine for first time to raise performance
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- SLC haunted house prepares to open during pandemic
- Simple credit card rewards can pay off if you just do a little work
- Thousands pay final respects to fallen firefighter
- Police identify woman found dead at Midvale Motel 6
- A tiger went on an 800-mile odyssey in search of food, a mate, and a place to call home