Share this story...
Latest News

Spanish Fork man dies from injuries after BBQ fire

From Larry Webster GoFundMe page

SPANISH FORK — A Spanish Fork man has died after his shirt caught fire while he was trying to light a grill.

The 73-year-old father and grandfather was outside on Easter Sunday lighting the barbecue grill when his shirt caught fire, family members said. A granddaughter of Larry Webster told media that the family tried to get him to stop, drop and roll, but it was hard for him because of his age and size, and his double knee replacement.

Family members smothered the flames with a blanket, the said. Doctors at University Hospital’s Burn Center said he had second- and third-degree burns over 48 percent of his body.

Webster spent almost three days of fighting for his life, his family said. They posted the sad news Wednesday on a GoFundMe page:

“Unfortunately my grandfather passed away from his injuries. He is in a much better place now and no longer in pain. Thank you all again for all of the love and support during this difficult time. And please continue to share this page to help our family pay for his medical and funeral expenses. He will be sorely missed and forever be in our hearts.”

Today’s Top Stories