PAYSON — Northbound I-15 was closed Thursday morning near Payson after a truck overturned near the 800 South overpass.
Traffic cameras showed police appearing to keep traffic from crossing the bridge. Vehicles on I-15 were being diverted around the overpass using the 800 South exit, then immediately back onto the freeway.
NOW: @PaysonFire on scene of a rollover involving a semi truck, this on I-15 near MM 249. The semi blocking all lanes of traffic northbound. (pics: @PaysonFire) @KSL5TV @KSLTraffic pic.twitter.com/mdOUXMLp80
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) April 5, 2018
Pictures shared by the Payson Fire Department showed the truck, a tractor-trailer, laying on its side under the overpass. There appeared to be a lot of debris on the roadway as well.
However, crews were able to re-open at least one northbound lane by mid-morning. Traffic remained backed up, but was moving again.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- After deadly ambush, Sen. Mike Lee talks striking back at Mexican drug cartels
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic