PAYSON — Northbound I-15 was closed Thursday morning near Payson after a truck overturned near the 800 South overpass.
Traffic cameras showed police appearing to keep traffic from crossing the bridge. Vehicles on I-15 were being diverted around the overpass using the 800 South exit, then immediately back onto the freeway.
NOW: @PaysonFire on scene of a rollover involving a semi truck, this on I-15 near MM 249. The semi blocking all lanes of traffic northbound. (pics: @PaysonFire) @KSL5TV @KSLTraffic pic.twitter.com/mdOUXMLp80
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) April 5, 2018
Pictures shared by the Payson Fire Department showed the truck, a tractor-trailer, laying on its side under the overpass. There appeared to be a lot of debris on the roadway as well.
However, crews were able to re-open at least one northbound lane by mid-morning. Traffic remained backed up, but was moving again.
There was no word on what caused the crash.
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Elisa Posey – Corner Canyon High School
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Utah Medical Examiner’s Office finds no link between COVID-19 vaccine and deaths
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- St. George investigation into missing hiker closes with no evidence of fraud
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker