SALT LAKE CITY — A big win Thursday night for the Utah Jazz means they have widened their lead for the No. 4 playoff spot in the West.
The Jazz beat the L.A. Clippers 117-95, eliminating the Clippers from the Western Conference playoff race.
There is a lot of excitement and energy surrounding the team right now. FiveThirtyEight says the Jazz have a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz public relations department is really pushing for Donovan Mitchell to be NBA Rookie of the Year, and for Rudy Gobert to be Defensive Player of the Year.
The Deseret News reports the Jazz have two new official campaigns, and have sent promotional packets out to postseason awards voters around the NBA this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.