SALT LAKE CITY — A big win Thursday night for the Utah Jazz means they have widened their lead for the No. 4 playoff spot in the West.
The Jazz beat the L.A. Clippers 117-95, eliminating the Clippers from the Western Conference playoff race.
There is a lot of excitement and energy surrounding the team right now. FiveThirtyEight says the Jazz have a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz public relations department is really pushing for Donovan Mitchell to be NBA Rookie of the Year, and for Rudy Gobert to be Defensive Player of the Year.
The Deseret News reports the Jazz have two new official campaigns, and have sent promotional packets out to postseason awards voters around the NBA this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Jason Ruch, Saratoga Springs PD
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow
- Abe Yospe – Westland Elementary
- Former USU student sues piano professor for sexual assault
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School
- Officer Preston Casey, Centerville
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- Helicopter pilot killed in Afghanistan to be laid to rest in Utah
- Chelsea Manning jailed for refusing to testify on Wikileaks