SALT LAKE CITY — A big win Thursday night for the Utah Jazz means they have widened their lead for the No. 4 playoff spot in the West.
The Jazz beat the L.A. Clippers 117-95, eliminating the Clippers from the Western Conference playoff race.
There is a lot of excitement and energy surrounding the team right now. FiveThirtyEight says the Jazz have a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz public relations department is really pushing for Donovan Mitchell to be NBA Rookie of the Year, and for Rudy Gobert to be Defensive Player of the Year.
The Deseret News reports the Jazz have two new official campaigns, and have sent promotional packets out to postseason awards voters around the NBA this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman
- UPS is hiring thousands of workers in Utah this holiday season
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Former Nazi SS guard, 93, going on trial in Hamburg
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- ‘Far Side’ cartoonist Gary Larson publishes first new work in 25 years
- UDOH announces more options for people looking for COVID-19 vaccine