SALT LAKE CITY — A big win Thursday night for the Utah Jazz means they have widened their lead for the No. 4 playoff spot in the West.
The Jazz beat the L.A. Clippers 117-95, eliminating the Clippers from the Western Conference playoff race.
There is a lot of excitement and energy surrounding the team right now. FiveThirtyEight says the Jazz have a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz public relations department is really pushing for Donovan Mitchell to be NBA Rookie of the Year, and for Rudy Gobert to be Defensive Player of the Year.
The Deseret News reports the Jazz have two new official campaigns, and have sent promotional packets out to postseason awards voters around the NBA this week.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- Latter-day Saint mission president dies in the Philippines
- When will you get your stimulus payment? Here’s how to check
- Tooele County School District
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19
- 4 Valentine’s Day Deaths in 4 Years: How Safe Valentine’s Day Driving will…
- Sister of missing hiker says she is getting mental health help
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University
- High schooler discovers new planet on 3rd day of NASA internship