SALT LAKE CITY — A tractor-trailer that caught fire near the Spaghetti Bowl on southbound I-15 blocked several lanes of traffic and forcing a number of drivers to take the collector ramp to avoid it during the height of the morning commuter rush.
It happened around 7 a.m. Friday morning.
UDOT traffic cameras showed the truck on the right-hand shoulder as police and fire vehicles blocked traffic to accommodate crews dousing the flames.
There was no immediate word on a cause.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays