SALT LAKE CITY — A tractor-trailer that caught fire near the Spaghetti Bowl on southbound I-15 blocked several lanes of traffic and forcing a number of drivers to take the collector ramp to avoid it during the height of the morning commuter rush.
It happened around 7 a.m. Friday morning.
UDOT traffic cameras showed the truck on the right-hand shoulder as police and fire vehicles blocked traffic to accommodate crews dousing the flames.
There was no immediate word on a cause.
Today’s Top Stories
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change