WEST VALLEY CITY — At least one person, a man, is dead after an officer-involved shooting near 3500 South and 2100 West in West Valley City.
It happened near 3580 S. Jenelles Bay (2140 West) on Sunday afternoon.
West Valley City Police Chief Colleen Jacobs said officers were responding to the report of a business theft on Redwood Road, apparently at a cell phone shop, in which the suspect fled the scene.
According to Jacobs, during the pursuit that followed, the suspect entered at least two different residences. At the second, where three children were present, shots were fired and the suspect was killed.
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) April 8, 2018
As is protocol in situations where officers use deadly force, another department will be conducting the investigation. In this case, a team from the Unified Police Department will take charge.
Today’s Top Stories
- Drug addiction pushes Utah man to the edge of suicide
- Church issues clarifying statement on the Word of Wisdom
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Utah flag could get redesign under legislative proposal
- Intimate Partner Violence numbers in Utah
- Family History Library, four other buildings re-open on Temple Square